Share a photo of #myparadise and WIN!
Don't forget to bring your camera when going on one of our adventures
Take a picture of #myparadise for your chance to win!
Monthly winners (November to April) will be judged by the team at Hiking New Zealand and Active Earth Adventures. The overall winner will be appointed by a professional photographer reviewing all entires made throughout the competition. Even if you are not one of the monthly winners you still have a chance at the grand prize.
What do you have to do?
- Submit a max. of 5 images per contestant per month
- Photos must have been taken on a trip booked through us
- Entries close 10 May 2017
- Simply email us your 5 images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR directly upload the images to either our Hiking New Zealand or Active Earth Adventures Facebook page
- OR upload the picture on Instagram using the hashtag #myparadise #bestphoto #adventure and tag us on the picture (@hikingnewzealand or @activeearthadventures)
- All photos submitted MUST include the trip name and date
- Submit your picture as a JPG (min. 1 MB, max. 12MB)
- Please read the complete contest rules below
During our 2015/2016 'Capture the Moment photo contest' our judges reviewed over 250 photographs with 5 great pictures wining the month prices.
We had the huge pleasure of having a professional photographer Tom Quan, review all the awesome entries made and appoint the overall winner. As he has been on a few hiking trips himself, he understands the challenge of 'capturing the moment' whilst out in the wilderness.
To see all entries, browse our Facebook galleries: November entries, December entries, January entries, February entries, March entries & April entries.
Complete Contest Rules
Upon submitting a photo, you agree to the following:
- All entries must be submitted between the 1st of November 2016 and the 10th of May 2017 (New Zealand time). Photos received outside of this time frame will be automatically disqualified.
- All photos must be taken on a tour that you booked through Hiking New Zealand or Active Earth Adventures for travel between 1st September 2016 and 30th April 2017.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree to give permission to Hiking New Zealand & Active Earth Adventures to use the photo(s) for any purpose, such as in promotional materials, publications, displays, and on websites, without compensation to the photographer or any individuals or anything in the photo(s). Photo credit will be given where possible.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree that any person(s) in the photo(s) have provided their consent in allowing their picture to be entered into the Hiking New Zealand & Active Earth Adventure’s photo contest.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree that you own all copyrights in the photograph. You represent and warrant that photographs have not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, do not violate or infringe any copyright, moral right, trademark or other proprietary right of any person or entity, and are, together with the copyright and moral rights therein, the sole and exclusive property of the entrant.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree to allow the photo(s) to be posted on the Hiking New Zealand & Active Earth Adventure’s website and for them to add such functionality that allows users to rate, leave comments and provide any other feedback to the submitted photo(s). Hiking New Zealand is NOT responsible for photos being reposted to third party websites and social media services, such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Contest winners will be selected by a judging panel based on the rules and criteria for the Hiking New Zealand & Active Earth Adventure’s photo contest. Winners will be informed either by the phone, Facebook or email they provide.
- If a winner cannot be contacted within one week (7 days) or a winner refuses the prize, the prize will be awarded to the next runner-up.
- The grand prize of NZ$1000 towards a Hiking New Zealand or Active Earth Adventures trip must be redeemed with two years of notification of winning from Hiking New Zealand or Active Earth Adventures.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged, replaced, or transferred.
- Contestants can enter up to five (5) photos per month, every month throughout the competition.
- Any photo(s) that do not meet any rules or regulations or have incomplete information will not be eligible for entry.
- Entrants participating in the Hiking New Zealand/Active Earth Adventure Photo Contest acknowledge that they have read and understood the rules and regulations. Rules and regulations maybe subject to amendment.
- All pictures must be submitted as a JPG with the minimum size of 1MB and maximum size of 12 MB.