The event is being organised by teachers, parents, and pupils as a fundraiser for North Loburn School.
The half marathon and 10k will take you on a journey through the forestry roads of Ashley Forest. The courses are a mixture of undulating hills with some challenging gradients and uneven surfaces. Expect to encounter mud and/or water. The half marathon is a challenging half marathon and only suitable for runners.
We also have a 2km and 5km run/walk options for those looking for a shorter distance. These courses are family friendly if little legs need to turn back early - they are 'there and back' courses. The 2km and 5km courses are also mountain-buggy friendly as they are on gravel roads.
All distances are approximate, as the courses have been designed to make the most of the roads in the forest.
Lengths: 2km and 5km, 10km and half marathon (run only)
$25 adult, $10 child (under 18’s), $50 family - $10 late fee
Please complete one entry form per person, you can still make payment as a family but we do need one entry per person.
Cheques should be payable to “North Loburn Home and School”.
Bank transfer to: North Loburn Home and School, Account Number 03 1582 0090580 00.
Please include your surname as a reference. If you are paying for a family include other family members names if space.
Contact info: we will be sending you a confirmation of entry email once we have received the entry money in our bank account, we are checking the account once a week. Our email address is: email@example.com
Registration from 08.30
Half marathon race briefing: 09:45
Half marathon run start time: 10:00
10km, 5km & 2km race briefing: 10:00
10k run/walk start time: 10:20
5k and 2k run/walk start time: 10:30
Parking and toilets are available at the start/finish site.
The Ashley Forest is a few kilometres north of Rangiora over the Ashley River bridge. Please consider sharing a ride with fellow competitors as parking will be tight and this supports our ‘Enviroschool’ philosophy.
Leave Rangiora heading north on the road signposted to Ashley and Loburn. Cross the Ashley River bridge and turn right to Ashley. Turn left just after Ashley School into Marshmans Road. Turn left into Forestry Road, then follow race signs to the parking area within the forest at the ‘Purple Heights’ start/finish area.
Please follow the parking marshals directions as parking will need to be tight.
• The Ashley forest has been kindly opened for race day by Matariki, please respect their property.
• Whilst there will be no logging activities on race day and the course will be closed to traffic, we will have support vehicles traveling the course and we cannot ensure that there will be no other vehicles in the forest. Keep your eyes and ears open for traffic, run towards the side of the roads and follow instructions of race marshals at all times.
• No smoking or fires in the forest. This includes the ban of private BBQs.
• No dogs.
• Private vehicles are not allowed in the forest except at the start/finish area.
• If you withdraw from the race you must sign out at the finish before you leave.
• In the event of extreme weather the organisers have the right to cancel the race or shorten the course. No refunds will be made.
• There are no equipment requirements, but you should consider carrying spare clothes depending on the conditions.
• There will be one water station on the 10km course and three on the half marathon course.
• Walkers may enter the 10km, 5km & 2km but not the half marathon.
• This event is not designed for push chairs, but mountain-buggy type strollers are acceptable for the 5km and 2km courses.
• Both the 10km run/walk and 21km run courses will involve a climb or two.