We are a land of awe-inspiring vistas at every turn and our guides bring the destination alive with stories of the land, the flora and fauna and our rich cultural history. Our guides, the New Zealand locals and your fellow like-minded travellers are key to elevating your adventure to a trip of a lifetime. This is why this year we have chosen a theme that encapsulates the stunning adventure playground we call home with the people who bring the place alive #myadventure #mypeople.
Monthly winners (November to April) will be judged by the team at Hiking New Zealand and Active Earth Adventures. The overall winner will be appointed by a professional photographer reviewing all entries made throughout the competition. Even if you are not one of the monthly winners you still have a chance at the grand prize.
NZ$100 Amazon voucher (November - April)
NZ$1000 towards a Hiking New Zealand or Active Earth Adventures trip
Click here to see our monthly winners. Our overall winner was Henrik Simonsen with his photo of Fiordland (below).
"The mood has been captured very well by the contrast of the dark greens and mountain on one hand and the clouds and waterfalls on the other hand. The road winding itself through the photos shows where the next adventure, my adventure, may lead (us)." Jeannine Tuffin and Rob Brown
Upon submitting a photo, you agree to the following:
- All entries must be submitted between the 1st of November 2018 and the 10th of May 2019 (New Zealand time). Photos received outside of this time frame will be automatically disqualified.
- All photos must be taken on a tour that you booked through Hiking New Zealand or Active Earth Adventures for travel between 1st August 2018 and 30th April 2019.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree to give permission to Hiking New Zealand & Active Earth Adventures to use the photo(s) for any purpose, such as in promotional materials, publications, displays, and on websites, without compensation to the photographer or any individuals or anything in the photo(s). Photo credit will be given where possible.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree that any person(s) in the photo(s) have provided their consent in allowing their picture to be entered into the Hiking New Zealand & Active Earth Adventure’s photo contest.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree that you own all copyrights in the photograph. You represent and warrant that photographs have not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, do not violate or infringe any copyright, moral right, trademark or other proprietary right of any person or entity, and are, together with the copyright and moral rights therein, the sole and exclusive property of the entrant.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree to allow the photo(s) to be posted on the Hiking New Zealand & Active Earth Adventure’s website and for them to add such functionality that allows users to rate, leave comments and provide any other feedback to the submitted photo(s). Hiking New Zealand is NOT responsible for photos being reposted to third party websites and social media services, such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Contest winners will be selected by a judging panel based on the rules and criteria for the Hiking New Zealand & Active Earth Adventure’s photo contest. Winners will be informed either by the phone, Facebook or email they provide.
- If a winner cannot be contacted within one week (7 days) or a winner refuses the prize, the prize will be awarded to the next runner-up.
- The grand prize of NZ$1000 towards a Hiking New Zealand or Active Earth Adventures trip must be redeemed with two years of notification of winning from Hiking New Zealand or Active Earth Adventures.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged, replaced, or transferred.
- Contestants can enter up to five (5) photos per month, every month throughout the competition.
- Any photo(s) that do not meet any rules or regulations or have incomplete information will not be eligible for entry.
- Entrants participating in the Hiking New Zealand/Active Earth Adventure Photo Contest acknowledge that they have read and understood the rules and regulations. Rules and regulations maybe subject to amendment.
- All pictures must be submitted as a JPG with the minimum size of 1MB and maximum size of 12 MB.